eat shit ♥
terms you need to know
These terms are crucial knowledge to this roleplay! Please be sure you understand what all of them are.
- THE RAVAGE The Ravage is what happened to the world. When people refer to everything that went down when all the Pokémon went savage, they will say "the ravage".
i.e. "Ever since the Ravage, nothing has been the same..
- THE RAVAGED Different from "the Ravage". The Ravaged is what the world refers to the savage Pokémon as.
i.e. "Don't go out there! The Ravaged are everywhere!"
- THE IMMUNITY The general name given to the place that is the only safe place in the world. The Immunity is a community of people who are deemed safe from the Ravage. This includes very young children, retirees, scientists, and other important people.
- THE SAFEHAVEN A suburban area where all the retirees and their younger children live. It has small homes and provides shelter to those safe from the Ravage.
- THE LABORATORY The most crucial place. It is where the cure is in the process of being created and where they breed the Pokémon who are immune to the virus to distribute to the DNA collectors.
- DNA COLLECTOR DNA Collectors do just that, they collect the DNA of all the Pokémon species to aide in the finding of the cure. They are required to do the highly dangerous field work and collect DNA samples of various Pokémon. After they reach a certain milestone in collections, they are rewarded with things like food, water, weapons, etc. Once a child turns 14 years old, they must being collecting DNA.
- POKÉSAVER: Pokésavers are people who are assigned to rescue Pokémon from the Ravage that are immune. The scientists need all the immune Pokémon they can get so they need people to go out into the danger zone to rescue the Pokémon who are free from the pathogen. People are randomly assigned as either a Pokésaver or a DNA Collector. People begin work as Pokésavers also at the age of 14.
- RETIREE A retiree is a person who has done their duty and collected all the DNA the scientists request. Collecting DNA can take years to accomplish. Most people don't end up retiring until their 30s and 40s. Some even later, and some very seldom, earlier. Retirees live out the rest of their days safely and peacefully in the Safehaven.
- ROGUE A rogue is typically someone who ducked from the duties of DNA Collector or Pokesaver. They wander either the Immunity or around the Ravage doing what they please. Basically they are people with no duties but they can also be arrested if they are found out. Usually being a rogue is a life on the run.
- SCIENTIST The scientists are very busy people. They breed, they build, they research. Their jobs are pretty much never done. They have to make PokéDNAs, they have to breed immune Pokés for the DNA Collectors, they have to analyze data on the cure, etc. They are a crucial part to the cure project although it has taken years and years for them to find the cure and they still have yet to do so. They are well aware that the human population may be totally wiped out before they can reach a cure.
- POKÉDNA: A small red device very similar to a Pokédex, built by the scientists. It has a small portal built into it that absorbs the DNA collected and registers it into a database of Pokémon DNA. The samples are of vital importance to the research of the cure and it is the only reason humans are willing to risk their lives out in the Ravage for it.
- PARTNER POKÉMON Each and every DNA Collector is given a single, immune partner Pokémon. The purpose of the Pokémon is to help them survive while gathering DNA samples. Lots of people develop very intense bonds with their partner Pokémon. If someone's partner Pokémon were to die, they would get a different Pokémon to replace it depending on the circumstances of death. If of natural causes, they will not replace it, but if fighting the Ravaged or out in the field, they will. Partner Pokémon are chosen at random when given to a DNA Collector (don't worry, you actually can choose your own). As a side note, some Pokémon are immune because they are born that way. There is a very limited supply of immune Pokés but the scientists breed them to create more immune Pokémon. It is a very long process, however. It is a rare occurrence, but every now and then it is possible to find an immune Poké out in the Ravage. You can tell them apart because the immune Poké won't be nearly as hostile as a Ravaged.
- PROFESSOR REDWOOD Seen by all as a horrible, horrible person since he was the harbinger of the Ravage. When his name is spoken of, people react very strongly to it. He is hated by all except those who understood his reasoning for what he did. Although the reasoning isn't very justified.